Download size: 48Mb
Requires Android: 4.4 & Up
Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA’s classic arcade-style beat ’em up, now available on mobile for the first time. Play free and prepare for the first truly interactive comic book ever!
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare and see your enemies drawn before you. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines. Then defeat the super-villain, Mortus, to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
– Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
– All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
– Unleash superhero power-ups and tons of intense fighting moves
– Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
– Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
– Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
– PLAY FREE
– SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
– LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
– CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
– OFFLINE PLAY
– GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH – Download them all!
– “Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly.” [92%] – Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
– “A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action.” [91%] – Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
COMIX ZONE TRIVIA
– *Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
– Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
– Comix Zone features a happy and sad ending depending on how you defeat the final boss
– SEGA held patent US 6010405 for the game systems innovative simulation of a comic book
COMIX ZONE HISTORY
– First released August 1996 on the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis system
– Developed by: SEGA Technical Institute
– Designer: Peter Morawiec
– Lead Programmer: Adrian Stephens
– – – – –
The following permissions are required by our ad partners to ensure you are provided with appropriate adverts: ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Comix Zone, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- Fix to allow offline premium users to resume local saved games