Download size: 45Mb
Requires Android: 4.4 & Up
An era-defining RPG. SEGA’s landmark sci-fi epic comes to mobile. Play for free and experience one of the most acclaimed games of its generation.
Team up with an unlikely ensemble of characters to thwart evil spreading across the once-peaceful Algo Star System. Combat mutants and robots, collect a plethora of equipment, and unravel the mystery behind one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
Phantasy Star II joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time! ”
– An epic campaign lasting over 30 hours
– Classic 16-bit turn-based combat
– Battle against the mutants, robots, and other fierce creatures of Mota, Dezo, and Palm
– All manner of weapons to get to grips with, including laser swords, pulse cannons, and fire staves
– Eight playable characters, each with their own unique traits and skills
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
– PLAY FREE
– SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
– CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
– OFFLINE PLAY
– GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH – download them all!
– “An excellent game that will have you hooked from the first minute to the last – which will be weeks, if not months away.” [94%] – SEGA Power #15 (February 1991)
– “A challenging quest packed with gameplay.” [90%] – Paul Rigby, Raze Magazine #6 (April 1991)
– “If RPGs are your bag, you couldn’t do better.” [89%] – Zero #17 (March 1991)
– “There are few Mega Drive titles that can compete with Phantasy Star II in the lasting appeal department.” [887/1000] – Eugene Lacey, ACE #37 (October 1990)
– “This is the game that set the standard that all further Mega Drive RPGs had to follow.” [88%] – MEGA Gold Summer Special (1993)
– “It’s big, it’s lovely; it’s varied, it’s magic. It’s Phantasy Star II.” [88%] – MEGA #18 (March 1994)
– A remake of the game was made for the PlayStation 2 in Japan, titled Phantasy Star Generation: 2
– Eight Phantasy Star II text adventures were broadcasted to players with a SEGA Meganet subscription in Japan
– The game shipped with a 110-page guide book and map in the US and UK to help guide players through
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
– Originally released in Japan in 1989, with US and European releases following in 1990 and 1991
– The first game to use a 16 Megabit cartridge
– The first 16-bit RPG released in the West
– Programmed by Yuji Naka, creator of Sonic the Hedgehog
– – – – –
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Phantasy Star II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- Fix to allow offline premium users to resume local saved games